Through an extensive range of university, apprenticeship and career initiatives, programmes and partnerships, we ensure every student is prepared for university life and the world beyond education.
For many of our students, the aim is to go on to higher education and every year, they are successful in securing places at a number of notable universities. To help students make the right choice and ensure they are in the best position for entry into their desired university, we have a substantial number of initiatives and support on offer.
- Visit to UCAS exhibition
- Attend taster and open day at Universities
- A working partnership with Universities, where students visit and their Admissions department comes to CCF to present to the Sixth Form students.
- A Higher Education Evening and guidance sessions are held regularly supporting students and parents
- Access to the unifrog platform to create shortlists and write personal statements.
- Individual mentoring when completing their UCAS application
Our Careers Programme is designed to ensure that every student is supported in developing the skills and knowledge they need to make successful educational and career choices. This includes:
- A one-week work placement in Year 12 which the students are encouraged to source and apply for independently
- Careers week where the students participate in seminars with over 20 different employers
- Occupational workshops rub by local professionals
- Employment seminars are offered to Year 13 students who are considering employment on the completion of their studies. Activities include mock interviews and guidance on writing exceptional CV’s
Our careers programme is reviewed annually, using feedback from Parents, Students, and Student Destinations as a measure of its success. The link to Student Destination data can be found here.
The next review of the careers programme will take place before January 2020.
Apprenticeships are a great option for getting on the job ladder and a number CCF Sixth Form students are taking advantage of this. Our apprenticeship programme includes:
- National Apprenticeship week
- Visits to Apprenticeship fairs with a range of employers from various industries.
- Guidance on how to search and apply for apprenticeships.
- Access to the unifrog platform where students can source industry specific information.